A small group tonight used the 5, 7 and 8km routes, included Shirley, Bill, Lesley, Oli and a big welcome to Chris Low.
What a lovely sunny and warm day. A good Thursday turnout with Dave, Andy Mac, John Mac, Steve and Gordon with dogs, Nick, Bill, Jack and John. This is indeed why we run.
Wet and chilly did not dissuade the 16 who turned up for the run and Metafit session by Lizzy and her inspirational helpers. The half hour routine was quite intense and best done after a good warm-up run. I wouldn’t like to try run AFTER the session, thank you. Neither would I run too far or fast before Metafit. Most of us found a happy balance and ran a shorter 5 or 7km first and then did some or all of this core-strengthening session.
Thanks to Lizzy and her three little helpers who had clearly done all this many times before and their health and energy was epic. It was a pleasure to see Sandy, Oli, Andy Mac, John Mac, ALi, Lesley Y, Bill, Helen, Shirley, Jack, Nick, Dave and Lesley.
Cooler and wetter tonight, Irene ran the 5km, David, John, Andy and Lesley all ran the 8km route.
Another lovely evening and a fine turnout of enthusiastic runners getting ready for a bumper season. Annabel is now very much part of the group and a big welcome to Asia (say Asha). Also-rans were Andy Mc, Ali, Lesley and daughter Izzy as well as Helen, Steve, Gordon and Bill.
Results for time trial follow;
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE
BANCHORY RUNNING CLUB
ON 10/4/2014 AT 20HR15
AT THE DOUGLAS ARMS
Steven Robertson (SR), Jack Honey (JH), Dave Dawson (DD), Lesley Cheyne (LC), Gordon Smith (GS), Mark Crawford (MC), Sandy Reid (SR), Nick Howard (NH), Lizzy Milne (LM), Bill Paul (BP), John McIntosh (JMc), John Mason (JM), Shirley Marshall (SM)
Rob Bain, Ali Odds, Jan Leatham
JH welcomed everybody and delivered the annual report. He spoke of our vision statement outlining a target of getting at least 25 runners on our weekly runs. Club activity this June includes two open club runs over the River Festival and Starlight Express on the longest day. Both events have potential to attract more members. A list of forthcoming local events was presented with a plea for as many people as possible to support these by entering the events.
Confirmation of Minutes of last AGM
Proposed by SR and confirmed by GS
Matters Arising from Minutes of last AGM
There were no matters arising.
The bank balance is £342 which is from the membership fees paid less a number of expenses. Full breakdown supplied showing money spent on shirt stock and admin cost of website.
Election of Office Bearers
All positions on the committee were proposed, second and accepted unopposed.
Chairperson: Bill Paul
Treasurer: Sandy Reid
Secretary: Jack Honey
Member without portfolio: Gordon Smith
Member without portfolio: Lesley Cheyne
Member without portfolio: David Dawson
Member without portfolio Rob Bain
Vote of thanks to outgoing executive
JH thanked outgoing chairman for his hard work in steering the club and single-handedly sorting our T-shirts.
Confirmation of fee structure
There was general consensus to keep the fees as they are and the treasurer confirmed there was no need to change them. Motion passed.
Urgent General Business
- LM offered to lead a Metafit class after the run on Tuesdays. This offer was keenly taken up by some members. The classes will start on Tuesday 22 April on the King George V Field at the Dee Street end out of the way of the football or alternatively on Belfield Park.
- JM raised the subject of 3rd party liability insurance for any event we organised. JH believes that using the current format of run organisation precludes the need for insurance, however JH will look into the matter and take advice from Scottish Athletics.
Any Other Business
- Rob and Dave had previously talked about introducing another weekly run on Saturday mornings. This might attract new members who could not manage week nights and was also a day when many of us run anyway. There was general agreement. This run will commence on Sat 3 May at 10am from the usual meeting place or as advertised.
- It was suggested we vary the routes we run on Tues and Thurs such as we did at the last club birthday from Scott Skinners. Motion approved unanimously.
- Some people didn’t know we had a website at www.banchoryrunningclub.com, so it was resolved to include the web page on the T-shirt print design.
- Ideas to raise the club profile and attract new members included;
- Work out how many miles we run as a club and create a feature around this.
- Print car bumper stickers.
- Include feature articles in the Piper and Drumoak & Durris Newsletter.
- Erect posters around Banchory, especially on the route most runners use along Hill of Banchory.
Meeting closed at 9.15pm
Signed: Date: Signed: Date:
Bill Paul Jack Honey
Club Chairman Club Secretary
Eleven runners took to the slopes of Scolty on this fine evening including Lizzy, Lesley, Dave, Irene, Nick, Ali, Gordon, Mark, Steve, John and his daughter.
David, Gordon, mark, Oli, Sandy, John, Nick, Paul, Bill, Shirley, Annabel, Lizzy, Ali and Irene all ran tonight over the various Scolty routes.
Between showers we had a pleasant run with Morag, David, Bill, Sandy and John who all ran the 7km route.
Great to be back running through Scolty Woodlands. A pleasant dry evening with plenty of light saw a good group of us use the 5, 7 and 8km routes. Jack on his bike tried hard to keep up with Oli,Helen, Annabel, Jan, Irene, Paul, Lesley, David, Rob, Andy, Bill and Lesley.